Little Jon Bowstring Jig
The Threadz Little Jon Bowstring Jig makes strings and cables under tension and is made in the USA. Strings can be made to the optimum tension. Ideal for personal and pro shop use
Little Jon Bowstring JigPrice: $1,049.95
$954.50 excl. GST**
** Your price if you do not reside in Australia
Little Jon Bowstring Jig Description
The Little Jon Bowstring Jig has been somewhat of a benchmark for string jigs over the past decade.
Allowing a string builder the ability to layup, twist, stretch and serve all in the one unit provides convenience and a reliable platform to produce high quality, consistent bowstrings.
This Bowstring Jig requires a Uni Strut channel as the back bone on which the tensioning unit/winder and jig post assemblies sit. Please note that the Uni-Strut channel is not included as it is available from hardware stores or retail outlets at a relatively economical cost. The part code for the Uni Strut channel for this bar is UNSP10003T-GB for a 3 metre or 9.84 foot length.
By separating the back bone bar or Uni Strut from the other components, you benefit by significant savings for both the cost of the Uni Strut and the freight charges to send the Uni Strut to you.
Design and functional details
- All components are engineered and manufactured in the USA to very high tolerances and standards
- The tensioning unit is machined out of solid steel. It has a built in scale to measure tension up to 300# (pounds). Tension can be measured as low as 100# which is needed to measure strings by ATA standards
- The combined winder and tensioning unit enables you to pre-stretch your strings and add twists whilst under tension, so you can craft strings to the exact required length and ensure the string strands are tightly bundled under even tension. This helps maintain string stability and allows servings to be applied consistently to reduce separation
- Strings and cables can be made with the standard 3 post configuration or in a two post fashion to produce tag end loop style strings
- For those that like to use served end loops, the tensioning head allows you to place the string under tension while serving the ends loops for a tighter, neater finished end loop
- Once mounted in the Uni-Strut, the string posts provide sufficient clearance for serving tools and are made from stainless steel for strength. The tops of each post are machined to 6.35mm or 0.25in for retaining the string during the string making process (conforming with ATA measuring standards)
- Each post has tie off lugs to secure the string material tag ends during the layup process, a feature that provides convenience to the string builder
- As an overview, the Little Jon Bowstring Jig by Threadz lets you create strings and cables under tension, twist to desired length, serve whilst still under tension up to 300# so that finished strings and cables are both pre-stretched and extremely stable, shot after shot
A precision string jig that can produce a professional end product, time after time.
Makes strings and cables for compounds, recurves, longbows and crossbows.
Threadz Little Jon Bowstring Jig specs at a glance
- Posts are solid and will not move
- Sliding swing arm assembly can be moved along the Uni Strut to achieve correct string length
- Indexing mechanism enables string posts to be rotated and in-line with the Uni Strut or at right angles
- High posts for good clearance for serving tools
- 6.35mm or 0.25in post tops to retain string during string making & conform to ATA standards
- Easy to use to make custom strings and cables
- Once jig is set, it will not move
- Will make strings for single and twin cam bows
- Very high quality string jig that is made in America
- Made in USA
Whether you are just starting out, an accomplished professional or an archer that enjoys making their own strings, the Little Jon String Jig has you covered.
Threadz Little Jon Bowstring Jig comprises
- winder/tensioning unit
- a swing arm assembly (post system)
- a measuring plate for attachment to a tape measure
- mylar tape for the uni strut rail
- separator spools for separation colours during twisting
The Little Jon Bowstring Jig by Threadz includes the hardware required for you to make pre-stretched strings and cables of exceptional quality quickly and with ease. Add some string materials.
View the String Materials range at String Materials.
View the Serving Tools range at Serving Tools.
And let your journey into string making begin!