DVD The Complete Fred Bear Collection
This bowhunting DVD titled The Complete Fred Bear Collection, a four disc collector's edition set and encompasses all of Fred's bowhunting exploits. Fred is the father of modern archery
DVD The Complete Fred Bear CollectionPrice: $53.96
$49.05 excl. GST**
** Your price if you do not reside in Australia
DVD The Complete Fred Bear Collection Description
There isn't another person who has done more for the modern history of archery than the late, great Fred Bear.
A lean, sinewy man who always donned his famous Borsalino hat, Fred Bear spent 60 years of his life devoted to archery and is considered by many to be the father of modern archery.
Join legendary archer Fred Bear and fellow hunters as they trek across the globe in search of wild game.
Bear Archery presents the Complete Fred Bear Collection, a four disc collector's edition set with over 8 hours of timeless footage which includes a rare glimpse into the life and adventures of Fred Bear.
Follow Fred as he bowfishes in Florida, hunts the majestic polar bear in the bitter cold of the Arctic, heads to Africa for several safaris on quests for plains game, lion and elephant, takes a world record stone sheep in North America and much more.
Witness how Fred's passion for archery has become an inspiration for generations that follow.
- Kodiak Country - Alaska in 1960. The frontier. Join Fred Bear as he bowhunts the intimidating Kodiak brown bear. Witness one of the most thrilling bowhunting scenes ever filmed, as Fred comes face-to-face with a monster bruin. 28 minutes length.
- Oldest Game - Fred Bear and Charles Kroll hike into the Allegheny Mountains of Pennsylvania and pitch a primitive base camp, to hunt whitetail deer. Atmosphere and nostalgia. 26 minutes length.
- Bowfishing Fun - The early days of bowfishing in the vast marshes bordering Lake Erie with pioneer bowhunter Fred Bear. Plenty of action and battles with up to 30 lb carp. Equipment of the day is also covered.
- St. Vincent Island - Follow Fred Bear for a bowhunt on St. Vincent island off Florida's northwest coast. Many exotic species are shown.
- Land of the Tiger - Fred Bear and the Maharaja of Bundi hunt India for the sambar stag, nilgai, axis deer and the feared Indian tiger. Beautiful footage and scenery of life at the Bundi castle and one of the most incredible shots of Fred Bear's bowhunting career. 25 minutes length.
- History of the Bow and Arrow - Join legendary Fred Bear as he describes the development of bows and arrows at the Bear Archery factory. He even covers his famous Fred Bear take-down recurve as well as his personal shooting style. 40 minutes length.
- Prairie Pronghorn - Join Fred Bear in Wyoming bowhunting the fleet-footed pronghorn antelope. Fred's arrow flies true and he harvests the king of the herd with a single arrow.
- Bwana Bowmen - Experience another African safari with Bill Negley in the Belgian Congo. Don't miss the exciting climax.
- Fins, Feathers and Fur - See Fred Bear in the early days as he uses his archery equipment to take stingrays, alligator and gar fish followed by some impressive wing shooting of pheasant. Then join Fred for an exciting northern Michigan winter snowshoe hunt for bobcat. 25 minutes of non-stop bowhunting action.
- Big Three, Grizzly, Mule Deer and Polar Bear - Join bowhunting legend Fred Bear as he bow hunts grizzlies in the rugged mountains of British Columbia, huge mule deer in the high desert of New Mexico and Arctic polar bear on the far north ice cap. Exciting vintage Fred Bear footage. Approx. 35 minutes length.
- History of Bear Archery - This is the famous one-on-one interview with Fred Bear himself. Enjoy the insight and stories of Papa Bear as he reminisces about the first 50 years of Bear Archery. The trials, tribulations and achievements of the company he started so many years ago. 45 minutes length.
- Badland Bucks, Arrow for a Grizzly, Rural Route One - Legendary bowhunter Fred Bear hunts wily mule deer in North Dakota, mountain Grizzly bear in the Canadian Yukon and then shows how Bear Archery manufactures recurve bows. 46 minutes length.
- Year of the Buffalo - Fred Bear back in the days of bowhunting in East Africa for Cape buffalo. Don't miss the exciting footage of Fred Bear when he finds himself face-to-face with a herd of Cape buffalo. 25 minutes run time.
- Back Country Bowhunt - Fred Bear and Glenn St Charles bowhunt the interior of British Columbia and the action is fast and furious. Mountain goat, moose and caribou in the splendour of the wilderness and some fly fishing for rainbow trout in the pristine mountain streams. A great opportunity to see some footage of Glenn St Charles in the heyday of traditional archery. Approximate 25 minutes running time.
- Good Earth - Enjoy the exchange of view between legendary bowhunter Fred Bear and astronaut James A. Lovell as they explore the great outdoors through bowhunting, fly fishing, snow shoeing, canoeing, trap shooting, grouse hunting and nature photography. A rare insight into the thoughts and philosophies of two great outdoorsmen. 25 minutes length.
- Mozambique Game Trails - Fred Bear's fabulous 1964 elephant hunt.
- Bowhunter's Safari - Fred Bear's 1955 African safari with radio and TV personality, Arthur Godfrey.
- Kaibab Bucks - Step back into time. Join Fred Bear and friends during the first ever bow and arrow season in Arizona's Kaibab forest.
- Grubstake Bowhunt - Follow Fred Bear, Glenn St Charles, Keith Clemmons and party as they bowhunt the little Delta region of Alaska for caribou, moose and Dall sheep.
- Trophy Elk - Travel with the father of modern bowhunting, Fred Bear, to bowhunt wary elk in Wyoming.
- North to Adventure - Follow the arrow as Fred Bear takes his favourite trophy of his entire career, a record stone sheep in the mountains of British Columbia.
- Restless Spirit - The film that captures the spirit of Fred Bear. Excerpts from many of his films are included in this one video. 34 minutes length.
Complete Fred Bear Collection, a four disc collector's edition set with over 8 hours of timeless footage, a rare glimpse into the life and adventures of Fred Bear.