AMS Safety Slide Kit for Bow Fishing
Brand: AMS Bowfishing
AMS Safety Slide, prevents bow fishing line tangling with string or arrow rest, keeps line away from arrow rest, ensures near perfect arrow flight, slide and line stay in front of bow and rest, ensures fish line will not tie itself to the bowstring
AMS Safety Slide Kit for Bow FishingPrice: $8.95
$8.14 excl. GST**
** Your price if you do not reside in Australia
AMS Safety Slide Kit for Bow Fishing Description
AMS Safety Slide Kit for 5-16" solid fibreglass fish arrows. Arrow snap back can cause serious injury or death.
Snap back can occur when line is tied to the tail of an arrow. The most hazardous snap back occurs when the fishing line ties itself to the bowstring.
Upon release, a trailing loop of line can tie itself to the bowstring, cabling or arrow rest causing serious injury or death.
The AMS Safety Slide prevents fishing line from tangling with bow string or cables. Eliminates dangerous arrow snap or bounce back when bowfishing, stops arrow rest tangles, keeps line away from arrow rest, when properly tied ensures near perfect arrow flight, prevents shooting through fish.
Safety Slide Kit includes
- Shock pad
- 5-16" nock and instructions.
Slide is installed over shaft; tie line to slide; when bow is drawn, slide and line stay in front of the bow and arrow rest. When released, arrow will move through the slide to the shock pad and stop screw taking fishing line to the fish.
When properly used, the Safety Slide Kit ensures your fish line will not tie itself to the bowstring, which is the cause of deadly arrow snap back.
The AMS Safety Slide system is a solution to this hazard. When properly installed, ensures your fishing line will never tie itself to the bowstring. It keeps all the line in front of the rest when you draw, preventing the line from contacting the bowstring.
- Easy installation.
- Self cleaning splines on the inside eliminates dirt and sand problems.
- Will not interfere with arrow flight.
- Rugged construction.
- Proven on thousands and thousands of fish.
- Strong enough for the largest fish.
- Several 100 lbs plus fish have been harvested with the Safety Slide system including several 200 lbs plus fish.
- Recommended for arrow speeds of 145 fps or less.
- Image at right shows Safety Slide installed on fish arrow. Please note that Safety Slide components above are offered for sale here.
For bowfishing, you require these items
- A bowfishing reel
- A solid fibreglass fish arrow with a nock and steel fish point installed and a drilled hole through the shaft to attach and secure fishing line so you can reel the fish in after spearing it with the arrow
- 5 piece Safety Slide kit
- Nylon fishing line
- Bowfishing roller rest to launch your fibreglass fish arrow
- Alternatively, there is a bowfishing kit which includes some of the above items