Hoyt Double XL
The Hoyt Double XL, a long draw bow, is the most advanced aluminium bow, a legitimate 325 feet per second, 35.75 inch axle to axle shooting machine. Driven by the Hyper ZT system for an insanely fast bow, the Double XL defies all odds
Hoyt Double XLPrice: $1,579.95
$1,436.32 excl. GST**
** Your price if you do not reside in Australia
Hoyt Double XL Description
You're on your own finding boots big enough to fit, but Hoyt has got you covered when it comes to your bow. Introducing the all new Double XL.
This 35.75" axle-to-axle powerhouse is modelled after the Pro Defiant and features a 31"-33" draw length range with a full 7 inches of brace height.
This rig delivers a serious punch and ultimate stability for the biggest bowhunters out there.
Never has a series of bows received so much attention and so many accolades.
Shooters across the world continue to rave about the smooth, quiet, hard hitting power of these bows as well as their pure toughness, durability and ultimate reliability.
Hoyt are super excited to introduce the most advanced aluminium series bow, to join their industry leading carbon series, the all new Double XL.
The Double XL not only looks like the most wicked and aggressive aluminium bow you have ever seen, it was also bred solely to climb the podium.
With the most rigid, technologically advanced aluminium bow riser to date, you immediately appreciate the smooth, accurate, dead in the hand feel on every shot.
Unlike traditional style risers that only have one path for vibration to travel directly to the grip, producing inconsistent, inaccurate and uncomfortable shots, this riser channels vibration through the truss of the Tec riser, away from the grip and your hand resulting in ultimate accuracy and consistency, shot after shot.
Powering the Double XL is a cam engine built specifically for shooters, the easier to draw, super smooth, hard hitting Hyper ZT cam.
The symmetry between the top and bottom cam enables precise tuning and pin point accuracy. Fused together by one harness system, the cams work together rather than independently, meaning they fire at the exact same time, every time. That's why Hoyt shooters never have to worry about cam synchronisation. It's also what makes this cam so forgiving and reliable.
The Hyper ZT cam and Tec riser on the Double XL are connected by high strength, high performance Ultraflex split limbs and the Ultra Lock Pocket system for a Zero Tolerance connection. The pocket is the most critical point on a bow as everything comes together at this one ultra critical junction and even the slightest shift or movement in this area will wreak havoc on accuracy and consistency.
That's why archers and bowhunters have always raved about and appreciated Hoyt's Zero Tolerance ultra tough pocket system.
The Double XL bows are also designed with a dramatically broader string angle and increased full draw axle to axle measurements and a more optimal peep position. This Hoyt design allows for a more relaxed strain-free posture at full draw while reducing facial contact, string pressure and eye fatigue at anchor, all resulting in better form and tighter arrow groups. The days of "reaching" are over; your days of tight, consistent groups have arrived. If the numbers don't convince you, your experience at full-draw and your tightened arrow groups will.
Hoyt's patented Zero Torque Cable Guard system is arguably one of the greatest innovations in the history of the compound bow. Torque is naturally induced into the system of a compound bow by the need to pull the cables out of the way of the arrow path. Hoyt Zero Torque Cable Guard system on the Double XL bows eliminates that torque by inducing a force in the opposite direction as the rollers on the front of the arm flex inward, zeroing out the naturally induced torque, resulting in ultimate accuracy and proven consistency.
Consistent and proper hand placement is critical for accuracy and the grip has everything to do with that. Through in depth research and development, Hoyt Engineers have fine tuned the overall grip width, angle and shape of the X-Act Grip resulting in consistent hand placement for ultimate accuracy shot after shot.
Loaded from axle to axle with the most advanced industry leading technologies, the Double XL bow sets the standard for compound bows.
Not only does it set the standard in advanced technology and performance, it sets the industry standard for toughness and durability.
Every Double XL model of riser Hoyt designs is required to survive 1,500 dry fires without a single failure before they are even considered for Hoyt's product line. The Ultraflex limbs go through the same unprecedented torture test.
Beyond that, every model is required to survive a million draw cycles. These are not industry standards, this is the Hoyt standard.
Hoyt knows who they are building these bows for and you deserve the very best.
The Double XL is available in a number of awesome limb colour finishes.
Engineering elements and benefits include
- Offset Riser Technology kills vibration & adds strength & stiffness
- Smooth, fast & powerful Hyper ZT Cam system
- Dual Cable Stops for a solid back wall
- Optional limb stop that provides a no-play back wall, for customisable comfort and consistency
- Rotating cam modules, allowing easy adjustment without module replacement or a bow press
- Multilayer laminate UltraFlex limbs
- Zero tolerance limb-to-pocket connection for precision & accuracy
- Zero Torque Cable Guard system eliminates torque for dead-on alignment
- Synergy between Hyper ZT cams & UltraFlex limbs, increasing the axle-to-axle measurement at full draw & improving form, comfort & accuracy
As part of your bow purchase, you receive a Hoyt promo kit comprising
- An 18 page Owner's Manual
- Hoyt Decal
- Warranty Registration Card
- Hoyt Wrist Band
- Hoyt Cap
Specs at a glance
- ATA Speed 325fps
- Weight range 40-50lbs, 50-60lbs, 55-65lbs, 60-70lbs, 70-80lbs. Please specify weight required.
- Draw length range 31"-33". Please specify draw length. Also comes in 26.5"-30" and 29"-32" which are not stocked items but can be special ordered. Please enquire
- Brace height 7"
- Axle to Axle 35.75"
- Mass weight 4.7lbs
- Let-Off 85%
- Hyper ZT Cam
- Aluminium TEC lite risers survive our 1,500 dry-fire tests and feature the vibration-stifling bridged grip design
- UltraFlex Limb technology utilises the entire length of the limb for increased efficiency
- Parallel split limb technology
- Multi-layer limb lamination
- Pro Lock Limb Pocket system
- In-line roller cable guard
- Perfect balance stabilisation system
- Silent shelf technology
- X ACT Grip
- Uniform Stress Distribution
- Shock Rod Technology, kill noise, kill vibration
- FUSE Custom Strings and Cables built rock-solid
- Offset Riser structure, a new realm of aluminium riser design to kill vibration while adding strength and stiffness
- Zero Torque Cable Guard system, a revolutionary cable containment system built for easy-tuning and maximum forgiveness
- Limb Dampener limb dampening system
- Available in Right Hand and Left Hand. Please specify RH or LH
- Available in standard hunting colour options of BlackOut (Black Riser, BlackOut Limbs), Real Tree Edge and Buckskin (Buckskin Riser, BlackOut Limbs). Please specify colour required. Also available in Storm, Kuiu Verde 2.0, Sitka Gore Optifade Elevated II, Sitka Gore Optifade Subalpine and Under Armour Ridge Reaper Barren which are not stocked colours but can be special ordered. Please enquire. Also available at an additional cost of $149.00 in 4 Signature Series hunting colour options of Realtree Edge Bone Collector with RealTree Edge riser and black limbs, BlackOut Bone Collector with BlackOut riser and limbs, Under Armour Ridge Reaper Barren Cameron Hanes Keep Hammering with Under Armour Barren riser and black limbs, BlackOut Cameron Hanes Keep Hammering with BlackOut riser and limbs which are not stocked colours but can be special ordered. Please enquire
- Custom Colour Accessories. Hoyt Stealth Shots, Limb Dampeners, Shock Pods and X ACT Grip accessories are available in 7 great accent colours to customise your look. Components are sold individually, or in a custom 6 piece accessory kit.
What started as a hunting bow for the biggest bruisers out there, has evolved into an ultra-stable powerhouse with a draw length suitable for just about every bowhunter. And at 325fps, you don't have to sacrifice any performance for that extra bow length. Of course, we don't like to make sacrifices in general, so Hoyt has packed the Double XL with all the latest Hoyt innovations and technologies.
Come in today and test drive the all new Double XL. Packed with attitude. And all the tech to back it. Get on the Podium. Shoot with a Double XL. Built for the Long Haul. Get Serious. Get Hoyt.