Hoyt FX Comp 2020 Target Compound Bow
Take a look at the winners circle and you will find Hoyt bows. The Prevail produced a truckload of podiums and title wins, the all new Invicta is set to do that and more! New limbs, an amazingly efficient cam and a longer riser combine for what is set to be the ultimate target.
Hoyt FX Comp 2020 Target Compound BowPrice: $2,469.95
$2,245.41 excl. GST**
** Your price if you do not reside in Australia
Hoyt FX Comp 2020 Target Compound Bow Description
Each and every year around the globe, the world's best archers seek out the most dependable, accurate and technologically advanced bows on the market.
These bows come from Hoyt who know what it takes to produce the best bows on offer. Utilising design elements from their engineering team and combining it with input from the industry professionals produces a product that is second to none.
With Hoyt's new greater parallel limb design and a 33" axle to axle the FX Comp achieves arrow speeds up to 314fps at only 28.5 inches of draw length with the DCX cam. This makes it a great option for short draw archers looking to maintain faster arrow speeds. Additionally the FX comes with the SVX cam and boasts ATA speeds of up to 309 fps at only 27 inches of draw length.
Choose between the high-powered SVX and the smooth drawing DCX Cam & a half systems. The SVX is incredibly smooth and fast and provides a rock solid back wall that can be adjusted to your preference using Hoyt's new adjustable peg system. For a rock hard wall, archers can utilise the outer peg position, while archers wanting a softer wall can use an inner peg position. The SVX comes with 65% let-off and a full set of draw length modules with every SVX model bow that allow draw length adjustment in half inch increments.
The DCX Cam & a half is smoother than the SVX, with a less aggressive back wall than the SVX but a much firmer wall than its predecessor the X3. Compared with the X3 Cam, the DCX is on average 8 fps faster. The DCX is available in 65% or 75% let-off and comes standard with a rotating inner cam module for easy adjustment in half inch increments without the need of a bow press. As is always the case with Hoyt cams, both cams are fully optimised for speed and performance by draw length.
Hoyt's patent pending modular grip system allows you to fine tune your grip pressure by changing the angle of the grip. Every Prevail comes with 4 different grip modules in 0, +2, +4 and +6 degrees, with 0 being the standard angle. Try each one to see which angle helps you achieve a dead centre hold and best fits your shooting style and form.
The FX Comp features an adjustable cable guard bar to help maximise your bow's tunability and shrink your groups. Four different angle settings allow you to bring the cable guard as close to your arrow as possible without contact, helping to neutralise torque while maintaining perfect arrow flight. Internal locking teeth and two lock down screws ensure it will stay where you put it.
With two rear stabiliser mounting positions, dialling in the perfect balance has never been easier. Whether you prefer a high or low centre of gravity in your shooting, you can fully customise your weight and placement to achieve the perfect feel for your shooting style. In addition, both mounting positions feature a new hard lock stabiliser system to keep your stabiliser from rotating out of position or coming loose while shooting or making adjustments.
Engineering elements and benefits include
- Shoot-Thru Technology. The unique Shoot-Thru design actually increases lateral stiffness, resulting in a more consistent reaction of the bow as the arrow is released. The Shoot-Thru riser has been engineered for optimised balance, making the bow easier to aim than traditional open shelf bows
- Zero Tolerance Pocket System. The riser-to-limb connection is a bow's most critical contact point. It's the heart of a bow. Superior pocket design is critical for accuracy and consistency. Enter Hoyt's innovative Zero Tolerance Pocket System. This cutting edge design directly links the limbs to the riser, resulting in an unbelievably tight tolerance and an incredibly lightweight, ultra durable pocket design
- Uniform Stress Distribution. Limbs bend but do not break
- Multi layer lamination limbs. Strongest, most dependable, longest lasting limbs you'll find anywhere
Every FX Comp model of riser Hoyt designs is required to survive 1,500 dry fires without a single failure before they are even considered for Hoyt's product line. The XT 2000 limbs go through the same unprecedented torture test.
Beyond that, every model is required to survive a million draw cycles. These are not industry standards, this is the Hoyt standard.
Hoyt knows who they are building these bows for and you deserve the very best.
- FUSE Custom Strings and Cables. Built rock solid and proven with podium finishes around the world
- Modular Grip System. Shooter customisable grip angle for customisation of your bow's feel and aim with 4 different grip modules
- Adjustable Cable Guard system. 4 position adjustable cable guard allows for maximum tunability
- Aluminium TEC lite risers survive Hoyt's 1,500 dry-fire tests and feature the vibration-stifling bridged grip design
- Dual rear stabiliser mounting locations
- Limb Shox. The industry leading Limb Shox feature an innovative, custom, five fin shape, proven in rigorous lab tests to dampen noise and deaden vibration more efficiently than previous Limb Shox designs. Limb Shox ensure whisper quiet, shock free performance
- SVX Cam & a half is incredibly smooth and fast and provides a rock solid back wall that can be modified to your preference using a new peg system. The SVX comes with 65% let-off and a full set of draw length modules that allow draw length adjustment in half inch increments. As is always the case with Hoyt cams, the SVX is fully optimised for speed and performance by draw length
- The DCX Cam & a half is smoother than the SVX, with a less aggressive back wall than the SVX but a much firmer wall than its predecessor the X3.The DCX is available in 65% or 75% let-off and comes standard with a rotating inner cam module for easy adjustment in half inch increments without the need of a bow press. As is always the case with Hoyt cams, both cams are fully optimised for speed and performance by draw length.
As part of your bow purchase, you receive a Hoyt promo kit comprising
- An 18 page Owner's Manual
- Hoyt Decal
- Warranty Registration Card
- Hoyt Wrist Band
- Hoyt Cap
Specs at a glance
FX Comp SVX Cam
- ATA Speed 309 fps @ 27"
- Draw length range 22"-24", 24.5"-25.5", 26"-27".Please specify draw length
- Brace height 6"
- Let-Off 65%
FX Comp DCX Cam
- ATA Speed 314 fps @ 28.5"
- Draw length range 23"-24.5", 25"-26.5", 27"-28.5". Please specify draw length
- Brace height 6.5"
- Let-Off 65% or 75%. Please specify Let-Off
The following specs are common to both cams
- Weight ranges 30-40lbs, 40-50lbs, 45-55lbs, 50-60lbs. Please specify weight required
- Axle to Axle 33"
- Mass weight 4.2lbs
- Shoot-Thru Technology
- Zero Tolerance Pocket System
- Parallel split limb technology
- Uniform Stress Distribution
- Multi layer lamination limbs
- FUSE Custom Strings and Cables built rock-solid
- Modular Grip System
- Adjustable Cable Guard system
- Aluminium TEC lite riser
- Dual rear stabiliser mountings
- Limb Shox limb dampening system
- Available in Right Hand and Left Hand. Please specify RH or LH
- Available in 9 target riser colour options of Satin Black, Satin Championship Red, Satin Cobalt Blue, Orange Torch, Electric Teal, Silver Ice, Rally Green, Gold Medal and Slate. Please specify colour required
Come in today and test drive the all new FX Comp. Purpose built for short draw archers to get maximum accuracy, forgiveness and comfort out of their bow with all the tech to back it up. Get on the Podium with an FX Comp. Get Serious. Get Hoyt.