Bear takedown recurve
The Bear takedown recurve is arguably the best bow you will ever shoot. Fred Bear loved this bow and could assemble his bow and shoot an arrow in under a minute.
Bear takedown recurvePrice: $1,399.95
$1,272.68 excl. GST**
** Your price if you do not reside in Australia
Bear takedown recurve Description
Fred Bear brought about many innovations to the archery industry, but perhaps his proudest moment came in 1969 when production first began on his famous TakeDown recurve bow.
The classic design was years ahead of its time and to this day you hear people saying there simply is no finer TakeDown. Not only does this bow pack easily, but it shoots and feels like a dream.
The 3 piece riser is constructed from Black Maple or Black Maple and African Bubinga with a red accent stripe. The limbs are fascor powered and backed and faced with high strength black fibreglass. Tips are handcrafted with layered Hard-Rock Maple and black fiberglass allowing the use of today's modern bow strings.
Hand crafted legendary performance. Often rated a top buyer's choice for quality and bowyer craftsmanship, the traditional line up from Bear Archery continues to satisfy those recurve enthusiasts looking for a time tested quality hunter. These are the same handcrafted bows that Fred Bear designed and tested all over the world. Exotic hardwoods have been used to create stunning bows that are both superior in the field and almost certainly to become tomorrow's collectibles.
The Takedown hunter comes complete with a crowned, cut-on centre arrow shelf, a Bear Hair Rest, inlaid compass (a favourite of Fred Bear) and leather side plate and characteristic latches that make this beautiful recurve distinctive, legendary and functional.
This legendary but modern design is available in both A and B risers giving you plenty of versatility. Fred Bear hunted with this bow almost exclusively until his last hunt.
Fred Bear believed his takedown was the finest laminated traditional bow he ever built, his ultimate recurve. He could put it together and launch accurate arrows in 60 seconds. So can you.
The Bear Takedown is a classic piece of American archery history and a great hunting bow. This bow is built to order.
The Bear TakeDown recurve specs at a glance are
- Available in A Riser which is a 56" AMO length bow and in B Riser which is a 60" AMO length bow and A Riser which is a 60" AMO length bow and in B Riser which is a 64" AMO length bow. Please specify length.
- Draw Weights available RH 35lb, 40lb, 45lb, 50lb, 55lb, 60lb. LH 35lb, 40lb, 45lb, 50lb, 55lb. Please specify draw weight.
- Available in Black Maple or Black Maple and African Bubinga. Please specify wood choice.
- Available in right hand and left hand. Please specify RH or LH.
- Bow features a brass bushing for the installation of a stabiliser
- Inlaid compass (a favourite of Fred Bear)
- Crowned, cut-on centre arrow shelf
- Bear Hair Rest
- Leather side plate
- The bow comes complete with a Dynaflight 97 Flemish Twist string (red and black), a Saunders Bowstringer and easy to follow instructions on how to string the bow.
- Risers and limbs can be purchased separately. Please enquire.
Also available in a complete bow package of
- Arrow rest
- Bow quiver, side quiver, back quiver or hunting side quiver
- Whisker string silencers or puff silencers
- Martin Deerskin Leather Glove, Vista Deerskin Glove or ASAT Glove
- ASAT Leafy or True Timber camo suits, headnets and camo paint
- Bowhunters gear belt
- Hunting or ventilated armguard
- Easton Carbon or Aluminium hunting arrows with two, three or four blade broadheads to suit
- String Nok Set
- Bjorn 60cm Target Face
- Bowstring Wax
- Fred Bear Padded Recurve Soft Bow Case or Martin Recurve Bow Case
- 3D Animal target, ShotBlocker block target or DeadStop bag target
- Bow will be set up and ready for you to shoot.
- Please specify which accessories you would like included in your package and we will be only too pleased to provide you with a quote. If you need further advice or assistance, please enquire or contact us during business hours.