Shibuya Ultima Recurve Rest
There are plenty of adhesive rests, but only one Shibuya Ultima Recurve Rest, coated arms for less friction from your arrow, perfect clearance horizontally & vertically & dual magnets to reliably return arm after each shot
Shibuya Ultima Recurve RestPrice: $54.94
$49.95 excl. GST**
** Your price if you do not reside in Australia
Shibuya Ultima Recurve Rest Description
For almost 40 years, Shibuya has been the top choice of successful target archers around the globe demanding precision, well designed and expertly crafted archery equipment.
For many years, top athletes have requested Shibuya develop an arrow rest tailored to their needs. Developed through Shibuya's decades of experience with feedback from champion archers such as
- Sergi Pagini of Italy, 2010 & 2011 World Cup Grand Champion
- Natalia Valeeva of Italy, multiple World Champion
- Ki Bo Bae of Korea, 2011 World Archery Championshp Medallist
- Magnus Petersson of Sweden, Olympic silver medallist
- Brady Ellison of USA relies on Ultima Recurve rests to win!
Ultima Recurve Rest features
- DLC Coated Offset Support Arm - The Ultima Recurve Rest's support arm makes use of diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating - a technology offering superior material strength and friction properties, applied in fields such as parts for racing engines. As a result, the energy loss inflicted on an arrow gliding over the arm is reduced to the barest minimum. The support arm's offset construction guarantees no contact with the cushion plunger's barrel, even when used with the smallest diameter shafts. A coating of amorphous carbon, granting exceptional hardness, wear resistance and slickness (low coefficient of friction).
- Dual Adjust System for perfect clearance - the Ultima Rest is adjustable not only vertically, to ensure compatibility with any size arrow shaft, but also horizontally to compensate for sight window depth and plunger settings. There is no need to ever cut or bend the support arm again! Adjustments are easy to make with one screw, even when the arrow is rested on the support arm. The support arm can be replaced easily and is available and can be purchased separately.
- CNC machined for unrivalled precision manufacturing - By employing computer numerical control (CNC) milling, Shibuya was able to reduce dimensional error margins to an unprecedented minimum. The three-dimensional construction enables the magnets to be arranged in a V-shape - the birth of the "V-Lock" magnet system! Just like Shibuya's world-famous sight systems, the Ultima Rest is produced in Japan to meticulous quality standards. CNC features computerised automation of machine tools such as milling machines.
- Shibuya's V-Lock System - Unrivalled precision and repeatability. The line of magnetic force between the Ultima Rest's dual magnets secures the support arm in position consistently, exponentially increasing the reliability of the rest. These dual magnets reliably return the rest pin after each shot. Shibuya uses only the highest quality corrosion-resistant samarium cobalt magnets, known for their constant magnetic force, independent of temperature changes. By placing the adjustment screw between the magnets, Shibuya was able to maintain a super-slim construction - only 3.8mm including adhesive tape, while at the same time using a 3mm screw for comfortable, safe adjustments.
- Ambidextrous design - can be switched between right hand and left hand, simply by reversing the support arm's direction. Just remove arm and insert in the opposite direction.
- Industrial-strength adhesive tape - For attachment to the bow riser, Shibuya is employing industrial-strength double-sided adhesive tape from a trusted maker. The flexible, thick tape is ideal for ensuring a lasting and reliable bond.
- Engineered for maximum alignment - Ultima Recurve Rest features a straight outline that can be easily aligned to be perpendicular to the bow string angle. The plunger cutout hole is precisely machined to match the diameter of popular cushion plungers, such as Shibuya's DX Plunger.
Shibuya Ultima Recurve Rest features
- Neat and slim 3.8mm profile with very strong double sided tape backing
- Perfect clearance, full vertical and horizontal adjustment for the arm
- Smooth magnetic operation, dual magnets reliably return rest pin after each shot
- Offset arm enables use with small diameter shafts
- Precision CNC machined parts
- Fits perfectly with a Shibuya DX Button but will also fit most other plungers
- Easily converts from right to left hand
- Available in black, silver, blue, red, gold and pink. Please specify colour.
- A new dimension of precision from Shibuya
- The choice of 4 out of 5 individual and mixed team gold medallists at the 2011 World Archery Championships
Ultima Recurve Rest set contents
- Ultima recurve arrow rest base with support arm
- Double-sided adhesive tape
- 1.5mm hex wrench
- Comprehensive installation instructions, diagrams, full specifications and FAQs included in English and Japanese
This is what people have said about Shibuya Ultima Recurve Rest.
"Rest is easy. My rest has been on my riser for a good 9 months and it's still in the same position. There's no scratches on it anywhere and it's beautiful. Shibuya is a great company for this stuff." From Alan Chan
"The best rest I've ever had. Is a good rest for its versatility. It can be adjusted easily. Once you put it on, it stays in place and the glue does not come off by the heat from the sun which happens with other rests. Expensive but worth it." From Archer
"Great rest. It's easy to adjust, especially for when you switch to indoor arrows." From Danny Boy